Best Oils for Hair Growth Forums Oils for Hair Forum How is coconut oil good for you?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Timmy 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Fuchsia

How is coconut oil good for your hair? i mean, i heard you cannot use it every day, as it dries the hair. so how can you use it best for hair growth?

any help?

Abe

It is good if you use it occasionally like once every two weeks.

tamela6995

Coconut oil has certain the usual anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties which can help with some kinds of inflammation. Thats one way it helps. If you massage it on your scalp, the scalp massage will increase circulation and lastly, coconut oil contains some fatty acids. So naturally it will fatten the hair shaft and make hair look shiny :)

Vian-Kylene

Oh really? I never knew it could be negative for hair…

Timmy

Yes it can Vivian, well pretty much everything too frequently can. Leaving it on too long isnt that great for your hair either. Short quick bursts are best imo

Gambhiri

We’ve used coconut oil here in India for centuries, almost daily use. There is nothing wrong with it.

Timmy

Well as far as I can remember, Indian men don’t have long lush hair do they? lol

And just because its a tradition, it doesn’t make it healthy.

Gambhiri

Well the men in family do :)

Timmy

Ah ok, but just so you know, that could just be your genes. Not trying to diss coconut oil but you can’t say it works because you think it works for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.