Best Oils for Hair Growth Forums Oils for Hair Forum can i extract coconut oil at home?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  otis 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Prita35

I wanted to make some of my own virgin coconut oil, does anyone know how to make this at home?
    Things I have:
    a coconut.

Someone tell me its possible!

damian

Couursee, its an easy process. There are a few ways in fact, simplest one I’d say is boiling the coconut meat with some water. It brings out the oil and it can be extracted using a strainer or cheesecloth.

damian

Not entirely sure on specifics but I’m sure you can look that up?

Prita35

Great i knew it! :p
    How long does it take to boil and extract oil from the coconut?

Esther

Literally, wikihow has all the info.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Virgin-Coconut-Oil

Prita35

Ahh i did come across that thanks! :)

The only reason i asked here is for any pointers, its usually never as easy as they make it out to be but in this case I guess it was.

pacey

Yeah those are good enough techniques to make coconut oil. I’ve been doing so for a while. Obviously the better the quality, the more times you have to process it. Are you planning to sell or just for personal use?

Prita35

Thank you! For personal use :)

pacey

oh awesome, that will save you a few bucks and you’ll learn something too. Any guide online along those lines should be good enough, good luck!

otis

If some how you have a centrifuge that would help tremendously in making quality coconut oil from the meat. But if you just doing it as a one off, then dont worry.

Prita35

Oh yeah nooo, not doing anything on the industrial level. Literally just curious on making some for myself now and again. How much do things cost anyway?

otis

You should be able to get some cheap ones actually. The industrial one would be in the thousands of dollars/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.